Energizing Spirulina Cacao Truffles
These truffles are perfect for that 4 pm energy slump because they provide you with a little boost without the sugar crash later! Spirulina makes a great addition because not only is it one of the world’s most nutritionally complete superfoods, but it is also a fantastic immune booster.
Makes about 24 small rounded raw truffles
½ cup dates (pureed to make a paste)
2 TBS. coconut butter
1½ cup raw cacao powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp pink himalayan salt
1 tbs spirulina powder
cacao nibs for topping
1. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Make a paste out of dates in a high speed blender (sometimes if they are dry, try adding
a touch of warm water to help make them blend easier into a thick paste).
3. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth.
4. Roll the mixture into little balls with the palms of your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Top each with cacao nibs and place in the refrigerator to allow them to set.
6. Try not to eat them all at once!