Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Power Bombs
Spiced perfectly for fall and speckled with chocolate chips, these pumpkin power bombs are packed with healthy fats, protein and are moderately low in sugar. They are great to have as a quick morning boost or before a workout to leave you feeling energized but not weighed down.
Makes about 25-30 small rounded power bombs
½ cup of baked and pureed kuri squash OR simply use pumpkin puree
½ cup cashew
3 tbs of oat flour
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (or 30 grams of coconut butter)
¼ cup almond butter
3 tbs of pumpkin seed (or pumpkin seed butter)
¼-½ cup non dairy milk
4 tbs melted cacao butter (or coconut oil works too)
2 tbs vanilla
¼ tsp pink himalayan salt
2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
3 scoops preferred vegan protein powder (Livwell Vanilla is my favorite)
3 scoops of collagen peptides (I love Vital Proteins)
½ of a dairy free chocolate bar chopped into small chunks
1. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
2. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and mix until super smooth
3. Remove the “dough” and place in a bowl - chill in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to allow it to set
4. After the dough has chilled, add your chocolate chips and mix until combined. Roll the mixture into little balls with the palms of your hands and place on the prepared baking sheet. Allow them to set in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
5. Store in the freezer or fridge. I personally love enjoying them extra cold from the freezer, but it’s up to you!
Note: If you don’t have or don’t want to use the protein powder/ collagen you can simply omit*
**Quick Fix: If your balls are not rolling easily try adding a touch of non dairy milk or maple syrup to moisten the dough